- Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 And Galaxy S WiFi 5.0; Russia & Switzerland Gets First
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Released For Android Phones
- LG Optimus 4X HD Gets CyanogenMOD11, Here Is How To Install
- Here comes Aakash Tablet Competitor: Penta Tpad By BSNL
- Toshiba AT200 Excite Tablet Lands To UK, Buy From Carphone Warehouse
LG Optimus 4X HD is one of the best flagship smartphones from LG, few days back we heard that since the device got the Android 4.1 update it was now possible to unlock the bootloader which makes the Optimus 4X HD more developer friendly as compared to how it was initially with a locked bootloader. As soon as this happened some Recogonized developers from the XDA forum got to work and came up with multiple ROMs for the device.
CM11 was one of the roms that came up(The others include OmniROM and SlimKat), this is an unofficial port but it doesn’t matter as far as its working and the list of things working realy is fascinating considering its just an early build of the ROM. Everything on the device is working with CM11 except the camera, so in case you are going to Install the Android 4.4.x based CyanogenMOD 11 on your Optimus 4X HD you’ll have to bid good bye to the camera for quite sometime, atleast until the next update which fixes the bug.
If you plan to install the Android 4.4.x based CyanogenMOD 11 on your LG Optimus 4X HD, here is how you can do it.
[Guide] Install the Android 4.4.x based CyanogenMOD 11 on your LG Optimus 4X HD
- Phone Must Be ROOTED
- Must Contain A Custom Recovery. i.e CWM/TWRP [According to the dev - CWM 22.214.171.124 - seems to work]
- The CM 11 ROM File
- Google Apps Package
To make sure that your phone ends up in Good shape follow the tutorial – How To Install Android 4.4.x CyanogenMOD 11 ROM On LG Optimus 4X HD attentively.
Note : Rooting/bootloader unlocking/Installation Of Custom ROMS voids your device’s warranty. Back-up all the important data you have on your device because you’ll have to wipe data in the process of installation.
- Place the downloaded ROM and the Google Apps Package into the root of your sd card
- Boot into recovery
- Back up
- Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. to wipe dalvik cache browse to advanced >> wipe dalvik cache >> yes
- Install zip from SD card, select the rom file, select yes to flash it
- Do the same for Google Apps
You are good to go with the awesomeness of CyanogenMOD 11. Enjoy.
Latest posts by Ravi Shankar (see all)
- 16 Extraordinarily Awesome Themes For Themer That Would Make You Stand Out Of The Crowd - January 18, 2014
- Micromax A119 Canvas XL Launched; Sale begins January 19th For 13,990 INR - January 17, 2014
- Sony Brings Forth Two New Xperias ; Sony Xperia T2 Ultra And Xperia E1 - January 14, 2014
- [List] 8 Awesomely Designed Holo Apps That You Must Try - January 10, 2014